[ TIME THE SALE OF YOUR BUSINESS ]
Is it time to sell your business?
Every business owner reaches their limit at some point. Perhaps you can feel the day coming when it will be time to do something else with your life. Or, maybe that day came and went years ago, but you feel stuck in your business.
While hitting a wall as a business owner is natural, there is a danger in not addressing it head on: You may prevent the business from growing, erode its value, or miss an opportune time to either expand or get out. The feeling that you’ve hit a wall usually means that it’s time to take a serious look at future options for both you and your business.
If you’ve hit that wall in one way or another, you need to ask yourself a few quick questions:
- Does owning your business make you feel energized?
- Are you up for the challenge of facing new competition or changes in your industry?
- Do you have the desire and the resources to launch a new product or service, or embark on a new strategy with your business?
- Would you be willing to invest additional money into your business — or take on more risk by raising capital — in order to remain competitive five years from now?
- How would you characterize the primary financial metrics in your business, like sales, gross margins and net income? Do you see consistent growth every year?
- Do you take extended vacations away from your business, then come back with renewed energy and inspiration for rolling out fresh ideas or tackling big projects?
If you answered “NO” to all or most of these questions, it may be time to reassess.
It starts with an informed decision.
At Allan Taylor we can promise you one thing: we will never “sell” you on selling your business. Now is either a good time to sell your business, or it isn’t. There are a number of factors that go into the decision to sell, from your emotional and financial readiness as the owner, to how ready your business is to go to market. We’ll discuss all of these with you so that you can make the decision to sell your business — or wait — with confidence.
[ IS IT TIME? ]
Let’s dig deeper into the selling process.
SELLING CAN BE HARD
Business Broker or M&A Advisor?
Find the right pro to help you sell.
[ LET'S START THE CONVERSATION ]
Allan Taylor’s clients are best prepared to find and close a sale or purchase because of the experience, sophistication and dedication of Chris and Barbara. I believe in Allan Taylor & Company because I’ve seen them do what is in the best interest of their clients, not themselves. – Sean E. (Attorney)